Vacancy Announcement for Assistant Program Officer
Date : 20 Jan 2022
Network for Information, Response And Preparedness Activities on Disaster (NIRAPAD), a network, works for reducing disaster risk in Bangladesh through diminution of disaster related information and knowledge gap and strengthening DRM abilities of the development organizations and communities. As a member of Humanitarian Coordination Task Team (HCTT), Sphere Community Bangladesh (SCB) and CHS Alliance, it is committed to promote all disaster related quality and accountability and support wide range of stakeholders in strengthening capacity to humanitarian assistance, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation. In addition, as a technical co-lead of Localisation Technical Working Group (LTWG), NIRAPAD facilitates humanitarian actors to translate the global localisation commitments into action in Bangladesh.
Position: Assistant Program officer (APO)
Joining Date: 01 February, 2022
No. of Vacancy: 01
- Provide support in convening regular meetings, drafting and distributing the agenda and minutes as and when necessary.
- Support to prepare work plan, monitor progress of the implementation of the work plan and action points from the meetings.
- Assist in preparing and disseminating daily/ monthly report on hazards and disasters in Bangladesh.
- Assist in conducting research including data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Assist in providing technical support to members as well as other development organizations for developing DRM policy, strategy, training module and handbook.
- Assist in facilitating training events and conducting workshops.
- Assist in promoting global initiatives of humanitarian assistance e.g. Accountability, CHS, Sphpere Minimum Standards.
- Liaise with member organizations, Government, UN organizations and other organizations in the field of disaster management.
- Assist in strengthening the networking in Bangladesh and abroad.
- Support local and national actors to maintain close coordination with the wider humanitarian community in humanitarian response.
- Visit member organizations to see their disaster related activities.
- Facilitate the flow of communication in the organization.
- Perform other duties as and when necessary as directed by the Head of Organization/Supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access and SPSS.
- Good analytical skills and good drafting capabilities.
- Ability to work in a team with high degree of integrity and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal communication, facilitation and mobilization skills.
- Advance internet browsing and computer skill.
- Excellent communication skill in both Bangla and English.
- Graduate and/or Masters level education in Disaster Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Management and other related subject.
Monthly Salary: Tk. 30,000
Please send your updated CV and a recent passport size photograph along with a cover letter, to email@example.com in 26 January, 2022
NIRAPAD is an equal opportunity employer.